Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Welcome to my Blog

Originally from Minneapolis, MN, Laura (Burk) Benson came from a big city of traditional advertising with large corporations and chose to support small business with an affordable Grass-Roots approach.

Over the years, I have donated my time and talent:
Navy League/Lone Sailor Navy Memorial
Women in Defense
Dr. Phillips Chamber of Commerce
East Orlando Chamber of Commerce
Orange County Public Schools, Partner in Education

Additionally, I have also held positions with different financial companies, working in the stock marketing industry.

In 2003, I was Director of Operations for "The Business Card Exchange" an advertising company - responsible for all aspects of the business from soup to nuts. From this experience, I was able to form my own companies.

In 2007, I started my first company, "Media that Sells" helping other businesses gain exposure with Media Placement, Marketing, and Membership Involvement in their networks.

In 2011, I started another company, "Game Plan Media"  to help small business owners, "Get on a Game Plan."  Offering Grassroots Marketing programs, through public relations and promotions at community events.   At Game Plan Media, "We showcase your business and coach you in a winning game plan!"

In 2015, I consulted with CMD Magazine and helped launch The Southeast Post newspaper in East Orlando while continuing to run military appreciation events called "Patriotic Tributes".

In 2016, Game Plan Media was acquired by Complete Developer, LLC re-naming it: Game Plan Media Events, owned by Russ Wasendorf, Jr.  

After following my husband to Washington, DC for his military career, I completed my training as an Educational Instructor with Bertliz.  Working with Berlitz has helped me develop unique training skills and has allowed me the opportunity to meet interesting people from all over the world.

In 2017, my husband became seriously ill; resulting in us moving permanently to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, with me as his full time caregiver.  I continue to work part time for Public Relations and Consulting work.  In the summer of 2017 two business partners and I developed Live Local, later renamed Game Plan Local, which was launched January 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment