Friday, May 18, 2018

Frank Boffi

I had the pleasure of knowing Frank Boffi personally.  Frank knows a lot of people, so I feel very honored to have known him for twelve years.

Below you will see a few precious photos that I have collected of my favorite WWII Hero, Frank Boffi.  Frank is Purple Heart recipient and survivor of an attack by Japanese forces during WWII aboard the USS Hugh W. Hadley (DD-774) 

Frank's military career stories as well as photos of our family with him are shared below.
We also had the honor spending time with his wife, Stella and even attended church services together.  They are both greatly missed and are together again in heaven.  I'm sure Frank is up there now, telling stories and smiling down on us.


Frank stopped by my office regularly for morning coffee, hugs and time to chat.  I enjoyed those precious moments with him and considered him to be a very close friend.


Our daughter, Alexandra accompanied us at the Moose Lodge for breakfast; one of Frank's favorite local spots
Frank and I took a "selfie" with a friend of his at the Moose Lodge 


Carla and I smooching Frank in 2014.  
He loved the attention and it was fun giving it to him.


Our daughter Cassandra and I visiting with Frank at his Nursing Home, Easter 2015

My husband, Colin and I with Frank at his Nursing Home, Easter 2015

Frank and I at the Navy Ball October 2011

Frank and I at the Navy Ball October 2012


Frank and I at his 90th Birthday Party in May 2012


Our daughter, Alexandra with Frank and other NJROTC Cadets from Boone High School,  September 2011

Frank and I in September 2011 at one of our many Lone Sailor Memorial Fundraising and Awareness Events


Frank Boffi (far left) unknown, Me and Captain Andy Mohler, USN (Ret.) at the
Glenhaven Memorial Park for a Memorial Day Event May 2006



The Chief Petty Officers Association of the Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division (NAWCTSD) located aboard Naval Support Activity Orlando welcomed World War II Veteran, Frank Boffi into their mess as an honorary member on May 17th one day before his 90th birthday. [read more]






My husband, SCPO Colin Benson had the honor of serving at the Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division - (NAWCTSD) during the time that the Frank Boffi Welcome Center was dedicated.  November 10, 2014.






Frank Boffi Room Unveiling Ceremony November 10, 2014
Video LinkClick Here

Naval History regarding his WWII time served on the USS Hadley: Click Here 
https://navy.togetherweserved.com/usn/voices/2010/29/Boffi_voices.html

ORAL HISTORY OF FRANK V. BOFFI -Link to RICHES of Central Florida
https://richesmi.cah.ucf.edu/omeka/items/show/4758 


No comments:

Post a Comment